Chief Administrative Officer needed for rapidly growing digital marketing agency
We are a growing, successful software company and digital marketing agency with a highly entrepreneurial culture. We are looking for a full-time Team Member in the south DTC/north Park Meadows area who can act as the team’s administrator.
The ideal candidate will have the attitude, skills and talent to be a great administrator for the Team. You MAY have some experience as an administrative assistant at another firm, but you are looking to have more job ownership, and also looking for your role to grow and evolve as the company grows.
Our company is growing rapidly and there is currently a waiting list for our services. By helping us manage this growth, you will be in a key position where you will have a huge impact on the company’s success and on the success of our clients. Our clients tell us that we have literally changed their lives and made dreams come true. The Chief Administrative Officer will help us standardize our processes and make them more efficient, while at the same time maintaining our high-touch, high quality personalized service.
About the Company—Cumulus Consulting
Cumulus Consulting is a consulting firm and digital marketing agency. We help businesses grow through service in four distinct areas:
- Branding, custom web design, high-quality websites and online web presence
- Digital marketing services, including content marketing and search engine marketing
- Business consulting, business strategy, and business coaching
- Innovative software products for specific groups of businesses
The websites we have designed and built are currently earning more than $10 million per year for our clients.
To create an environment where our Team Members can thrive and prosper by providing excellent service to clients while building a meaningful life.
To provide world-class consulting, marketing and software services to businesses that enables our clients to achieve their dreams.
Our Core Beliefs
We believe in abundance.
We believe that we will prosper when we focus on constantly making ourselves better, making our industry better, and making the world a better place.
We will become successful when we help other people become successful, as human beings on this planet, as Team Members within the organization, and as a Company within the global community.
We believe that business is not a zero-sum game. We can all prosper together at the same time. Receiving wealth does not take something away from someone else; rather, it enriches the world. We do not have to “defeat” the other guy in order to succeed.
We are not competing with anyone, because there is no company on the planet that can do exactly what our Team can do. Instead, we are making a difference in the world by serving our clients professionally, and by serving our fellow man personally. We do not need to imitate another company’s success, because we are creating our own.
We believe that all of our Team Members are adults.
We reject the entire owner – manager – employee hierarchy. Instead of employees, we have Team Members, both in name and in reality.
We believe our Team Members are capable of managing themselves and leading others, and capable of being invested in the company’s future.
We believe that no one person has all the answers, and that our Team Members’ collective wisdom is a million times more powerful than any manager’s could ever be.
We believe in integrating, not separating, work, play, life, family, health, learning and personal growth.
We strongly believe in integrating work and life. What’s the point of making a lot of money if you can’t enjoy it? What’s the point of saving money for the future if you’re not around for your family now? What’s the point of making the company a success if you’re not making a difference in the world?
We do not separate work and play. Our motto is, “If it’s not fun, you’re not doing it right.” We believe that people are more productive when they can choose where and when they want to work. When they can take breaks during the day to exercise, relax, have fun or spend time with family. When they are accountable to achieving results rather than punching a clock. When they can choose how to get the work done, and make it fun in the process. We believe we will all make more money in the long run when all of our jobs are meaningful, satisfying, engaging, interesting, and even fun.
We believe in financial freedom.
We do not believe in waiting for retirement. We reject the factory age notion that you enslave yourself during the best 45 years of your life, and after all the vitality is sucked out, you get put out to pasture for a few years before you die.
Instead, we believe in empowering our Team Members to achieve financial freedom. We encourage and support our Team Members to achieve financial freedom as soon as they can, in the here and now. We provide opportunities to do so, as part of our team. And if other opportunities are a better fit for our Team Members, we support and enable them to pursue their dreams.
We do not believe that “employees” are machines that exist to make stockholders rich. All of our Team Members share in the company’s profits. All of our Team Members have a stake in the company’s success. All of our Team Members have ownership over their own jobs.
We believe that wealth does not equal money.
Time is more valuable than money. True wealth is the freedom to do whatever you want with your time and your money. Having all the money in the world does you no good if you have to be chained to a desk in a miserable job in order to earn it.
An American tourist, a businessman, was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with a lone fisherman docked.Inside the small boat were several large tuna. The tourist complimented the fisherman on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them.The fisherman replied, “Only a little while.”The businessman then asked, “Why didn’t you stay out longer and catch more fish?”The fisherman said, “With this I have more than enough to support my family’s needs.”The businessman then asked, “But what do you do with the rest of your time?”The fisherman said, “I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, stroll into the village each evening where I sip cerveza and play guitar with my amigos, I have a full and busy life.”
The businessman said, “I am a business consultant with an MBA, and I can help you. You should spend more time fishing; and with the proceeds, buy a bigger boat.”
The fisherman said, “Why would I want to do that?”
The businessman replied, “Then, with the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats. Eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats.”
The fisherman said, “Why would I want to do that?”
The businessman replied, “That way, you would have higher volume and, instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor.”
The fisherman said, “Why would I want to do that?”
The businessman replied, “Then with the additional money you saved, you could open your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You could leave this small village and move to Mexico City, then eventually to Los Angeles where you could run your ever-expanding enterprise.”
The fisherman asked, “But, how long will this all take?”
The businessman replied, “15 to 20 years.”
“And what then?” asked the fisherman.
The businessman laughed and said, “That’s the best part. When the time is right you would sell your company and become very rich. You would make millions.”
The businessman said, “Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip cerveza and play your guitar with your amigos.”
We believe that talent and attitude are much greater predictors of success than degrees, credentials, or experience.
One out of five millionaires in America never finished college. More Fortune 500 CEOs graduated from the School of Hard Knocks (did not attend college) than from Harvard or Brown.
We value open and honest communication.
Office politics are a disease that are stifling business innovation, personal happiness, and creativity. Some conversations are more difficult than others, but when we care enough to have them, everyone benefits.
Our Websites and Business Practice
We have a number of websites. Here are the two primary ones that we share with prospective clients:
Too many businesses have a great product or service, but are struggling to get clients. Too many businesses have a website that is doing nothing for them. It doesn’t have to be that way. We believe that a business website should be making the business money. We believe that business owners who provide something valuable deserve to thrive and grow.
What Cumulus stands for
- Quality & excellence in the work we do
- Business focus—we are about serving and helping businesses, business owners and entrepreneurs
- Freedom/quality of life for its team, including:
- Integration of work, life and personal mission
- Time freedom: to be with family, to grow and develop personally, to recharge, to be healthy, to make a difference and not just to make a living, and to pursue other goals if desired
- The ability to earn well beyond what an employee could ever earn, and to sharing in the company’s profits
- Supporting the personal growth and personal goals of our Team Members, our clients, their employees, and the members of our community
- Business built on personal relationships—among the Team Members and with our clients
- To act as a partner invested in our clients’ success
The Direction of Our Business Growth
- Supporting a large number of clients with high-value, turnkey services, and a small number of clients with very high-end, customized services
- Making high-end, high-quality marketing services accessible to small business owners
- Innovative software products that serve small business
To apply for this job, please do not send us your resume. Instead, send an email to email@example.com with your answers to the following questions:
- What do you value in a job?
- What are your beliefs about business in general?
- What principles do you operate by when you are on the job?
- What do you want out of your job and your work experience?
- How do you go about establishing working relationships with your team members?
- What should your work supervisor do to get the best out of you?
- What motivates you to show up at work every day?
We will respond to those submissions that resonate with us.
About the Position
In this position you will report to your Team. We have no managers and have done away with the traditional hierarchical structure. Here is what you can expect working here:
- LOTS of latitude for decision making; we treat all of our Team Members as adults.
- Flexible hours and (for now) ability to work from home at least 50% of the time.
- Ownership over the department’s goals and success.
- We are fanatical about quality, and make extensive use of checklists and process maps. You will not be simply following processes, but working together with the team to create the best practices manual by which we deliver incredible value to our clients.
- We discourage multitasking. We believe people are more productive when they are relaxed and well-supported.
- We hold people accountable to results, not to being busy.
- No promotions. We start everybody at the top of the corporate ladder. Your income and responsibility are free to increase as fast as you want them to.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Coordinate project timelines and schedule project meetings. Most project meetings with our clients will be by phone. You will need to schedule calls with specific Team Members at various steps of the process.
- Interact with clients to collect needed information. You will be calling people and emailing them. Perhaps you will even become their new best friend.
- Organize project files. In order to successfully carry out a marketing campaign for our clients, there is a lot of information that needs to be available to the right people at the right time.
- Oversee the planning and tracking of short-term projects; create project reports and communicate with clients. The Team Members need to know whether or not the project is on track, and what they are supposed to do next. With multiple projects going on, we want to make sure nothing slips through the cracks. Our clients love to hear from us regularly to know if the work is proceeding as planned, and if there are any bottlenecks created through lack of specific information.
- Manage online assets for us and for our clients—website content, social media presence, online profiles on social media and business directories, post social media content, maintain email lists, edit and send email marketing campaigns.
- Create checklists to make sure details are not overlooked. Every profession that needs to do really great work, every single time, with no margin for error, uses checklists (think airline pilots or large construction firms). We will consistently deliver world-class service to our clients when our checklists and process maps are the best that they can be.
- Creatively contribute to ongoing process improvement. We want someone who will ask “Why?” and suggest ways to improve. You will also work with all the Team Members to help them document their processes and improve their checklists.
- Manage relationships and follow up with clients and prospects. Some of this, like sending specific information or materials on a schedule, you will do yourself; some of it will involve scheduling phone calls from other Team Members.
- Basic office administration—creating and sending invoices, following up to make sure we got paid, recording payments received and making check deposits at the bank, maintaining HR files, keeping the office running smoothly, helping Team Members keep track of their time spent of various jobs so that we can do accurate job cost accounting.
- As we continue to grow & expand, you will help with recruiting, hiring and training others Team Members.
- Other tasks as needed—as a stakeholder with a vested interest in the success of the business and the other Team Members, contribute in any way you can to the company’s growth.
We want someone who:
- Values personal freedom and ownership over a job well done much more than security and predictability
- Enjoys talking to clients and cares about the needs of our clients
- Likes to work with systems and loves to organize things
- Is able to prioritize urgencies within the context of accomplishing big-picture goals
- Is really comfortable with technology—Windows, Office suite, social media, WordPress, calendar sharing, smart phones, etc.
- Loves learning new things
- Wants to grow and develop as a person
- Wants the opportunity to be much more than an employee